Saturday, March 30, 2013

Feature and Follow - Most Emotional Scene


8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #137



Welllll, I don't rightly know.

There is the entire story of To Build a Fire by Jack London. I hung on every word, knowing the intensity of the environment and the direness of the predicament painted by London.

I remember crying, at about the age of 10, when I read The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, though I no longer remember the details of the story. I was a tough kid, didn't cry much but that story got to me.

Then there is the description by John Toland in Battle: the Story of the Bulge of the Malmedy Massacre. That just brings home the baseness that men can sink to during war.

Finally, there is the part of Dickens' Oliver Twist where Oliver finally learns of his heritage. For me, as one of the first adult-type fairy tale happy endings I read, it sticks in my mind with that warm fuzzy feeling one often hears about but too infrequently actually experiences.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment