Monday, December 3, 2012

Back Titles for Xmas Redux

A few months ago I noted that I have been trying to work through a backlog of books in inventory for my online shops that have not yet been uploaded. This is a time-consuming process since I touch each book to make sure of its condition, including loose pages and marks, before uploading.

Now, these are not the cutting edge, just published books being marketed by the publishers. Often they are the older titles of currently popular authors. Recent case in point - over the past two weeks I have uploaded over 30 titles for James Patterson, 20 for Diana Palmer, and an astounding 100 titles for Nora Roberts.

Many prolific romance authors are also featured, though none to the degree of Ms. Roberts. Catherine Coulter has over 30 titles, as does Janelle Taylor,  Linda Lael Miller and others. I also have reasonable selections of "classic" juvenile fiction series - The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Goosebumps, Sweet Valley, Baby-Sitters Club. Thriller and mystery authors seem to be, as a whole, less prolific but many big names are available as well - Robert Parker, Sue Grafton, Clive Cussler, Nelson DeMille, Dick Francis, Tom Clancy and many more.

For someone who likes these authors (or any of the hundreds of authors we have back titles for) a gift of a title they haven't yet read originally published 5, 10, or even 20 years ago, is a thoughtful, inexpensive, practical gift. One year I even presented an avid reader with a box full of probably 50 paperback mysteries. It was a mix of authors she was familiar with and new authors and provided her with hundreds of hours of enjoyment over the course of the next year.

So, if you have a reader on your holiday list and you want to give them something inexpensive, as an additional stocking stuffer or small gift, consider a back title of a favorite author. Our Biblio account for FindRomanceToRead (http://www.biblio.com/bookseller_search.php?terms=findromance) has over 30,000 titles, many under $4.00, all with free shipping.

Happy holidays to everyone and Good Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check the site out! Thanks for letting us know. I found you through Book Blogs and I'm now your newest follower! I hope you are having a wonderful night! Stop by for a visit sometime if you get the chance. :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Rafeeg

    ReplyDelete